Group B agenda
Welcome to the business lunch at the Clydeside Distillery where you will hear from a range of inspiring showcases on how they are getting nature positive.
Here is your agenda for the event
13.00 – 13.30
Arrival and refreshments
13.30 – 13.50
Liv Garfield, Andrew Griffith, and Al Gore.
13.50 – 14.00
Hosted by Severn Trent
14.01 – 14.11
Food Retail showcase
Hosted by Sainsbury’s
14.11 – 14.26
Break – desserts & drinks
14.26 – 14.36
Global Innovation showcase
Hosted by Accenture
14.37 – 14.47
Hosted by Barclays
14.48 – 15.00
Secretary of State George Eustice and Justin Francis (CSB)
Forests showcase: led by Liv Garfield (CEO), Severn Trent.
Supported by the Woodland Trust, GSK and OVO energy we will emphasise the interplay between business and the natural environment, why trees are important, including:
- How to ensure we are not damaging habitats in our business activities;
- How to plant trees the “right” way’;
- Why tree planting is so important for health and wellbeing, ecosystem services, and climate adaptation, and not just carbon offsetting.
Food Retail showcase: led by Simon Roberts (CEO), Sainsbury’s.
Supported by Unilever and WWF we will look at the symbiotic relationship between food, agriculture, and business: the power that business has to be ambitious and make a real difference, and create a sustainable basket. Regenerative agriculture. Link to Science Based Targets Network.
Global Innovation showcase: led by Simon Eaves (UKI CEO), Accenture.
Supported by Natura & Co, Dendra Systems, and Salesforce we will demonstrate how businesses across the world are taking nature positive action using targeted technological intervention and new levels of collaboration to tackle some of the key challenges facing our biodiversity across habitats and ecosystems, species, and people.
Finance showcase: led by Elsa Palanza, Global Head of Sustainability and ESG with a video introduction from CS Venkatakrishnan (CEO) Barclays.
Supported by the Blue Marine Foundation, Aviva, Legal & General, Fidelity International, and the Taskforce on Nature-related Financial Disclosures (TNFD). We will focus on the role of Financial Services in protecting and restoring nature and biodiversity, specifically:
- What Barclays is doing to protect biodiversity and nature and why this is important for clients and consumers; the link to Taskforce for Nature Financial Disclosures;
- Review the work that Fidelity International, Legal & General, and Aviva are doing to help boost nature in this sector;
- Partnership with the Blue Marine Foundation;
- Peer working with Aviva and how they approach nature as a case study.
Thank you for joining us!
Liv Garlfield and the Council for Sustainable Business.