Actions for nature
There are many positive actions that the financial sector can take to promote nature, which range in complexity and scale.
We’ve gathered recommended actions with expert input from business, non-profit, government, and academic sectors. These are the most accurate and important actions at the time of publishing. But this is a fast-moving area, so check back regularly for relevant updates and developments.
To decide which actions best fit your business, first map your biodiversity impact areas (from raw material production to end-of-life, scoring them ‘high’ to ‘low’ impact). Once you’ve determined where to focus your efforts, take inspiration from the actions we have detailed here.
View actions for:
- Change in land use
- Climate change
- Invasive species
1. Collaborate with and join biodiversity platforms and initiatives.
2. Assess and measure nature-based risk and opportunity.
3. Set nature-positive targets.
4. Report on nature-related risks and opportunities.
5. Focus on key sectors and geographies.
6. Implement nature-related policies to drive action.
7. Generate pro-biodiversity capital flow.
8. Develop in-house expertise and awareness.
9. Encourage corporate biodiversity disclosures.